OPM’s client is aiming to develop multiplayer gaming experiences for the next gen with a deep emphasis on originality and creativity. They are seeking a Gameplay Programmer to join their studio based in in beautiful Vienna.
The successful candidate will utilise their expert technical skills to develop gameplay features, services or tools for their upcoming games.
- Strong experience as a programmer in PC or Console development, ideally having shipped at least one title.
- Strong understanding and experience with C++.
- Strong experience with Unreal Engine 4, and comfortable with both with blueprints and code.
- Experience on a real-time multiplayer game.
- Good understanding of physics in games alongside the main gameplay systems involved.
- Keen interest to learn multiple programming languages, frameworks, and new technology.
- Knowledge of design patterns and game architectures
- Working with a mixed team of designers, artists, and programmers throughout all stages of development.
- Ownership of feature development, specifying technical requirements, implement mechanics and tools.
- Actively pinpointing problems in the game’s code base, offering solutions together with the team, create and maintain guidelines and specifications.
- Be a point of contact for technical questions and take decisions along with other senior programmers to attain the best results.
- Work closely with game designers to optimise gameplay and player experience.
- Pinpoint flaws in the game itself and clearly communicate them and try to solve them as professionally.
- Experience in working with SCRUM environment.
- A keen interest other entertainment trends and other entertainment media.
- 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year.
- Flexible working times.
- Bonus package.
- Relocation support available.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418