Project: AAA Shooter Games
OPMs clients is seeking a Generalist Programmer to join a well-known independent game developer’s studio based in Montreal. The studio is looking to reshape the industry landscape and on a new generation of Online Shooters for the worldwide gaming community.
- Great software engineering experience in the games industry having shipped at least one title
- Expert in C++ and object-oriented programming with a strong 3D math background
- Good understanding of AI architecture and standard technology
- Good understanding of modern AI techniques as used in AAA games
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization
- Experience in programming movement, navigation, and decision-making AI
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Passionate about playing and making video games
- Working across multiple disciplines on the behaviours of a large variety of NPCs
- Maintaining and extending the existing UE4 framework and tools
- Designing, implementing into the engine, and maintaining new AI features
- Creating code and algorithms for pathfinding, group movement, and cooperation, tactical strategy.
- Establishing decision trees for opponents
- Creating neural networks for opponents
- Testing, debugging, profiling, optimizing, and documenting implementations
- Actively attending code reviews
- Paid holidays, plus the week between Christmas and New Year, and 5 sick days paid
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions
- Competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses
- In-company English, French, and Polish language classes
- Long term disability, short term disability, travel insurance
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!