Project: AAA Sports IP
OPM’s latest client is one of the leading sports brands in the world on the lookout for a Senior Online Programmer join development as part of their team located out of the beautiful Madrid, Spain.
The successful candidate will deliver major online components and features with a focus on code quality, extensibility, and testability, whilst offering support to engineers on the team.
This is a unique opportunity to construct next-gen game engine elements used to power online gaming experiences and services alongside whilst working on a top-selling franchise.
- Degree(s) in computer science, a related field, or comparable professional experience
- Extensive development experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Expertise with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
- Experience with MySQL or related relational database
- Experience with a Windows environment
- Experience with client-server architectures, basic network protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP, concurrency, and latency
- Experience with multithreaded programming and debugging
- Experience with scripting languages such as Lua, Python, XML and C#.
- Ability to test and debug other developers code competently
- Fluent in English language skills
- Partake in distributed agile development across multiple teams
- Create code and assist with the designing for interfaces for game systems using C++ and object-oriented programming
- Help evaluate system performance, troubleshoot, and develop complex alterations to applications as required
- Work together with other Software Engineers and Team Leads in developing recommendations to improve quality control and team productivity
- Work directly with both client and server teams to maintain high-traffic services for multi-platform games
- Iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows
- Pinpoint bottlenecks and slow queries and improve them
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of source code management such as Git or Perforce
- Medical and life insurance
- Pension plan
- Meal vouchers
- Stocks programs
- Fitness reimbursement
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!