Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Senior Animation Programmer to join our talented Core Technology team on our Total War franchise. This role will be based at our headquarters in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our new animation system to support the future of the Total War franchise. You will have the opportunity to research and implement new animation techniques that will put more power in the hands of the content creators but also scale well with many characters we have in battles.
You will also help define new workflows for animation assets and work closely with animators, technical animators, designers, and programmers in other areas to inform the design of the new system.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as hybrid or in-studio depending on candidate requirements. This role would consider fully remote working within country of employment. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As a Senior Animation Programmer, you will take ownership of our in-house animation system and drive long-term technology that will be used across the franchise.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be developing the new animation technologies
- Research the technologies used in the industry to inform the future of the animation system
- Plan and prototype new features and systems
- Work closely with animators and technical animators to develop new workflows and improve existing ones
- Participate in stand ups, sprint planning and retrospectives.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience developing animation systems
- Knowledge about animation graphs and techniques such as ragdolls, motion matching, facial animation, and inverse kinematics
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical ability
- Ability to clearly communicate with different teams.
- An interest in recent developments in animation technologies
- Passionate about solving complex problems.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.