OPMs client is a AAA developer, with studios in three beautiful cities who are looking for a talented Audio Programmer to join their team. You will get to develop audio tech used by current titles, but also upcoming, unannounced titles.
The successful candidates will work in a variety of Audio areas, utilising their award-winning in-house engine.
- Expert experience as a C++ programmer, preferably on audio.
- Excellent C++ and code design skills.
- You have a passion for audio and finding ways to develop it to the highest quality standars.
- Experience writing runtime and memory efficient code, debugging and maintaining complex software systems.
- Knack for gameplay programming and tools development.
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics.
- Work well with fast iteration times.
- Able to work autonomously and take ownership of the tasks at hand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or self-taught to similar level.
- Design and implement audio features and tools for their bespoke engine, Glacier. You will work in-engine, improving, prioritizing and optimizing and runtime code that executes the game.
- Work on audio development and systems: workflows, tooling and developing audio systems, by both working individually but also in collaboration with their Audio Programmer. Ex: propagation system, reverb, early vs late reflections etc.
- Work on game-specific audio development. Improve and develop the gameplay audio code: triggers for gameplay interaction, such as footsteps, guns, collisions etc.
- Collaborate with the gameplay and AI teams in the development of gameplay-centric audio code.
- Come up with various iterations for features of the game.
- Maintain, optimize and improve existing systems.
- Work closely with sound designers to help them create top-notch audio experience.
- Stay up-to-date on latest developments within the industry’s sound technology.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Experience with Wwise, FMod, or other audio middleware.
- Knowledge of acoustics and sound design.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!