Project: AAA Games
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Senior Character Artist to join their busy studio and support driving games forward as they experience exponential growth.
A career with our client is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
- Previous experience in a Senior or Principal character artist role
- Good understanding of realistic anatomy, proportions, muscle & skeletal structure
- Attention to detail for both aesthetic and technical quality
- Able to effectively collaborate with every department
- Strong knowledge on current 3D software (Maya, ZBrush, Substance, Marvellous designer…)
- Good communication skills with a high level of English both written and verbal
- A great team spirit, you are a proactive problem solver and looking for new creative challenges
- A good art perception
- A passion for games development and gaming culture
- Work closely with Art Director / Department Leads to drive and maintain industry leading realistic characters.
- Create high quality realistic Character models and shaders according to defined artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications.
- Support documentation and communicate workflow and best practices across the art team.
- Where needed, provide visual benchmarks to support the visual targets of new content.
- Maintain the quality of characters in the game and make improvements where necessary to fit artistic and technical directions.
- A strong understanding of emerging techniques such as grooming, physics based clothing and attachments ideally within UE5.
- Support the review and management of additional outsource characters under development.
- Support the development of the pipeline and tools needed to develop competitive realistic looking characters including high quality cinematic characters with advanced skin, wrinkle and hair shader systems.
- Support the creation of high quality clothing, fabrics and accessories.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!