Creative Assembly is looking for a skilled Software Engineer to join our team situated in Sofia, Bulgaria while working on a daily basis as part of our Live Services team in the UK.
This is a truly unique opportunity for a Software Engineer to join a hugely talented team, working on a world-class development team in an innovative, professional and dynamic environment.
As a Software Engineer on the project, you will be working in a close-knit and flexible team, developing and implementing software development to high standard. The successful candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator and implementer, dealing with projects from inception to delivery and live operation. A passion for professional development and a commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
As a Software Engineer on the team, you will play a key role in central aspects of online games infrastructure. This will include architecture, design, implementation and testing.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work with the wider Total War and Console development teams, particularly with the brand, game and web teams
- Be proactive and provide implementation solutions for design-led requirements to the relevant members of the team
- Work collaboratively with key developers working towards effective solutions for critical parts of the online games service infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience of working on server-side, API-driven projects with online databases
- Previous experience with a cloud service (such as Amazon's AWS) or virtualized environment
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience of working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Methodical approach to software development
- High level of interest in learning new technologies for software development
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Python development experience
- Experience of working with systems at scale
- Understanding and working knowledge of front-end web and mobile technologies (html5, Electron, ionic etc)
- Experience working with open authentication standards, Big Data
- Development experience and passion for online video games
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief