One Player Mission’s client, a developer of popular single and multiplayer multiplatform games, is currently looking for a Technical Artist to join their team in creating a AAA open-world survival MMO in Oslo, Norway.
As a Technical Artist, you will be working closely with the Technical Director and the Art Director, but also acting as a bridge to develop solutions and tools between the technical and art teams. You will be involved in developing the art pipeline and researching, documenting, and implementing solutions to maintain performance and increase the project’s efficiency.
- Experience working in a similar role, with at least one shipped title
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot problems and develop appropriate solutions
- Good knowledge of real-time rendering techniques and PBR material workflows
- Expert knowledge of various industry standard DCC software packages, including 3Ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Suite, etc
- Demonstrated experience identifying and driving performance goals and optimizations for open-world development on consoles and PCs
- Effective communication skills and drive to deliver consistently on time, acting as a bridge and balancing the needs between Game Design, Art, and Programming
- A drive for documenting various tools and workflows
- A portfolio that demonstrates the key areas listed above, with examples
- Working knowledge of 3d/vector math
- Extensive production experience with UE4 in a wide variety of areas
- Elevated levels of aesthetic attention to detail
- Working knowledge of a scripting language a bonus (Python, C++, MAX Script, MEL etc)
- Some experience working with procedural pipeline (Houdini) techniques a bonus
- Ability to rapidly prototype and ability to investigate other options and ideas
- Flexible working schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Healthcare package
- Free gym access
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!