Project: Unreal Engine (UE4) – AAA Games
OPMs clients is seeking an Engine Programmer to join a well-known independent game developer’s studio based in Newcastle. The studio is looking to reshape the industry landscape and on a new generation of Online Shooters for the worldwide gaming community.
The successful candidate will be an experienced engine programmer who will assist in improving and maintaining the framework built on Unreal Engine 4, alongside optimising the game for multiple platforms.
- Robust C++ knowledge
- Solid professional experience of software engineering experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Good maths and/or physics skills
- Passionate about writing solid, reliable, efficient code and highly scalable systems
- Strong experience with multiple core systems, such as graphics, tools, audio, networking, memory handling, scripting, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about the games industry and games development
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining new low-level systems and overall architecture
- Testing existing systems and recommending new systems and features implementations
- Building performance and memory optimisation tools and features
- Testing, debugging, profiling, optimising, and documenting implementations
- Actively joining code reviews
DESIRED SKIILLS (good to have):
- Experience working with multithreaded systems
- Experience with performance and memory optimisation
- Experience with console development
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Experience on a shipped game
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!