||Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Lighting Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
You would be working closely with our Art Director and production teams in designing and implementing lighting set ups using our internal tools.We are offering you a unique opportunity to play an important part in the creation of the overall aesthetics of our upcoming games and to leave your mark in them by setting up the lights to everything from levels to cinematics and characters.
- Participate in environment production by setting up the lighting while making sure performance stays within the agreed budget
- Follow the development of rendering technology and work together with the rendering and tools team to improve our proprietary technology
- Keep artistic style consistent with defined visual style for the game
- Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines
- You will ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game
Requirements and qualifications
- 2 to 3 years of experience in game development
- Expert level understanding and knowledge of lighting techniques
- Experience in lighting photorealistic environments and characters
- Expert level proficiency within Maya, 3DS Max or other 3D software package
- Strong Understanding of physically based rendering
- Ability to learn new programs and tool chains quickly
- Clear verbal and written communication in English
The ideal candidate will also have
- Bachelor’s degree in arts/photography or relative field
- Experience with one or more scripting or programming languages
- Knowledge of photography principles
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.