Narrative Designer - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
Games Jobs - Game Design - Nottingham
|Job Title||Narrative Designer - SUMO NOTTINGHAM|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune. The Nottingham studio became part of the Sumo Digital family in March of 2016.
Based in the Castle Marina area of the city and with Nottingham castle dominating the skyline, the new studio is a state-of-the-art space dedicated to supporting the highest calibre of game developments most creative people. The environment has been designed to be open, light and bright and to provide a creative and flexible space against which a new team can develop the latest ideas for today’s gaming platforms.
Our Nottingham studio is a real community of game loving, talented people who have a broad set of skills across a diverse range of games types including first-person shooter and racing games. We have been working hard on our first two projects – Team Sonic Racing for Sega and Project Nova for CCP and are about to embark on new projects.
We are looking for talented artists, designers, programmers, producers and support roles to join us making some fun games. In Nottingham we work on small and mid-size teams where everyone can contribute and make a big difference to the games we make. Delivering great games and following the Sumo Pathway, you’ll be able to develop your career within a supportive and creative environment.
Here at Sumo we are planning for big things. Don’t miss out. Join us.
The role @ Sumo Sumo Nottingham is looking for a Narrative Game Designer to join our talented design team on an exciting new title!
Within this role you will;
• Design and deliver game narrative
• Establish high-level themes and narrative arcs
• Write game dialogue, voice overs and supporting narrative content
• Work with other designers to ensure your work supports the central game design
• Report directly to a senior designer, who together with the lead designer and design director will provide feedback for you to deliver on the game vision.
We need you to have:
• Narrative design experience on at least one published title
• A strong grasp of storytelling principles
• Understanding a range of narrative design techniques
• An appreciation of game and level design techniques
• A positive and constructive approach to both giving and receiving feedback, not just within your own specialty but across the entire game
• Excellent Communicator, both in verbally and in writing
• Have a massive passion for making great games
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 59c00045-e24a-4540-84ea-2e3f1c377524.|
|Apply for this job|