Senior Support Engineer - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Games Jobs - IT / Technical Support - Sheffield
|Job Title||Senior Support Engineer - SUMO SHEFFIELD|
|Job Category||IT Support / Manager|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying over fifteen years of stability and growth. We have six UK studios; Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Huddersfield, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
Recent work includes Crackdown 3 (Microsoft), Hitman 2 (IO Interactive), LittleBigPlanet 3 (Sony), and our first self-published original title - Snake Pass. We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Team Sonic Racing (SEGA) and Dead Island 2 (Deep Silver/Koch Media) as well as unannounced ‘AAA’ projects for major publishers.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo. After fifteen years of success, even bigger things are on the horizon, and want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Working in the support team you'll be part of a very technical team, looking at root cause analysis, proactive automation and troubleshooting and be able to take real ownership of issues.
This is a hands on technical role where you'll be working with Windows and Linux systems across a range of diverse applications
We are looking for self-driven and skilled engineers who will be able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, and able to resolve difficult scenarios with minimal management and oversight
To be successful in this role you will need:
• Experience supporting an operational network environment - switches, routers, firewalls ideally Cisco
• Experience reading and understanding packet captures with tools like Sniffer and/or Wireshark;
• Good understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth and latency; experience with general routing/switching, policy-based routing, spanning-tree, VLANs
• Windows Server administration 2012/16 including Active Directory
• Linux Server Administration / Configuration
• Windows Desktop products such as Windows 10, Office suites
• Microsoft Exchange server 2013, Office 365
• VMware ESXi 6/6.5 and Vcenter 6/6.5
• Exposure and understanding of monitoring platforms and their configuration
• CCNA, RHCA, MCSA or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of PowerShell scripting
It would be advantageous if you have:
• Experience with cloud technologies and services, Azure, AWS etc
• Experience supporting a fast paced development environment
• An understanding of network architecture and system design
• Experience installing, implementing and debugging network access control security solutions is a plus.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||IT / Technical Support|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 4ca9a96b-494a-44a5-a5cb-bca8148c65dd.|
|Apply for this job|