||Experienced VR Programmer
||AI / Artificial Intelligence,Tools,Lead Programmer,Network / Online / Server,Physics,Web Developer,Technical Director,Gameplay,Mobile / iOS / Android,Graphics / Engine,Build Engineer,Core Technology,Audio Programmer,UI / Front End,Animation Programmer
||Amiqus have partnered with a creative London studio who are pushing the boundaries of VR tech, creating interactive and immersive character-based, storytelling VR entertainment.
They are now seeking an experienced VR programmer to be the driving force behind the studio’s technical vision, become the interface between technology and the studios desire to become the market leader in immersive VR and production, in terms of balancing reality with our creative passion. You’ll be comfortable taking on a mix of hands on programming as well as strategic planning.
This as an experienced senior level role and we’re seeking an individual who can grow with the studio and existing team.
- Work with the programmers, designers, artists, production and stakeholders to technically deliver new cutting-edge immersive VR storytelling experiences
- Set goals and develop plans to deliver the relevant and applicable internal/external technology, which fulfils the studios creative vision of immersive VR storytelling experiences
- Collaborate with production to ensure sufficient planning surrounds technical staff, solutions, resources, costs and scheduling to support a given experiences vision
- Clearly document technical roadmaps, backlogs, milestones and planning to deliver our technical needs on time and to budget. Ensure that this documentation is publicised, visible and self-explanatory to the team and stakeholders, in particular production
- Ensure all games have adequate pipeline, benchmarking and performance analysis tools to facilitate the smooth running of the studio from a technical perspective
- Ensure platform compliance and identify platform specific features, raising the potential of new features for consideration by design
- Ensure technical contributors are working to best practice and high standards. This includes reviewing and developing appropriate infrastructure and pipelines to deliver our needs
- Maintain a positive and productive relationship with all technical contributors. This means working to build honest and respectful relationships, providing meaningful feedback on performance whilst ensuring development priorities are understood
- Determine and take on relevant and appropriate programming tasks where necessary to facilitate the development of a given game and to provide leadership through examples
You will have;
- Knowledge and understanding of VR game programming across multiple platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of Unity production pipelines
- Understanding of different methods to test game performance, quality and stability
- Relevant programming languages such as C++/C# across multiple platforms
- Ability to create and own the technical approach to advance the creative vision
- Able to adapt to new technologies and technical challenges
- An eagerness to drive VR character interactions forward into the future
- Experience within a similar role previously
- Experience of multiple full game cycle development across multiple platform
- Experience of managing the technical vision for part or whole of a game
- Experience of leading through collaboration and stakeholder buy in
- Multiplayer experience would be an advantage
- Competitive salary
- Working alongside a friendly and flexible team, potential for remote working
- Opportunity to work on the future of character animation in VR
- Rare opportunity to work alongside a leading university who are advising on the psychology of human micro interactions to ensure the animations are believable
Please click apply or contact Kim Hunt on 01925 839730 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
||London, UK & Europe
||View other Amiqus Games jobs
This job is advertised on behalf of Amiqus Games using their internal reference 7240.
|Login or register to apply