||Are you a Lead Game Designer with at least one successfully shipped AAA game?
Amiqus have partnered exclusively with award winning, industry veterans to find a key hire, a Lead Designer for their studio in Portsmouth.
Working on a variety of console titles, your responsibilities will include;
- Brainstorming and developing ideas, documenting game designs.
- Taking ownership of the design vision of the game.
- Lead the design team.
- Delivering the best gameplay experience possible.
- Working directly with the team’s other discipline leads (art, code, audio) on a day to day basis
- Working with production and team leads to help create task estimates and schedules for the team
- Assisting the Design Director with hiring potential future candidates within the design team
- Experience working as a Game Designer on at least three published games in a multidisciplinary team and as a Lead Designer on at least one successfully shipped AAA game.
- A proven track record of leading a design team in making top tier mainstream AAA character action console games.
- Be willing to take ownership and drive forward the design of a game.
- Be a creative thinker able to provide new and fresh ideas for both high and low-level gameplay.
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of gameplay philosophy and reasoning.
- Unreal 4 experience is a must.
- Have a solid understanding of all disciplines.
- You will have plenty of experience of dealing with clients and publishers.
- Demonstrable communication and presentation skills that sells the vision to fellow team members, product management and external clients.
- Strong written skills with the ability to create winning pitch documents.
- Must have an absolute passion for games.
- Regular social events
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks daily
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression opportunities
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee
This is an amazing opportunity not to be missed, with a generous salary on offer.
Please click apply or contact Kim Hunt on 01925 839730 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.