||As Lead Character Artist, you shall oversee and manage a team of talented character artists. Through an experienced approach to production, communication and expert hands on 3D capabilities, you will drive the team to produce a wide range of exceptional characters.
You will be an expert in your field and experienced in leading and motivating teams to greatness. Organisation, strong communication, excellent soft skills and a meticulous attention detail are all essential traits for this challenging position.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Senior Character Artists to define the visual quality goals for our character assets.
- Effectively lead a team of Character Artists in the creation of a variety of 3D characters and character props.
- Oversee the quality of all character art content through all phases of production.
- Manage and advance an organised pipeline and environment art workflow.
- Work with technical disciplines and engine team to improve workflow and character fidelity.
- Work with production team to manage team deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined ob-jectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire team members, guiding them with clear direction
- Be able to create high quality, high resolution 3D characters, UV maps and textures and other content matching all technical and artistic requirement.
- Promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- Ensure team assets conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Create best practice assets to service as guidance to other team members.
- Implement and refine outsourced character assets.
- Incorporate scanned data into a sculpt based workflow.
- Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Review all final characters in the game engine and feedback as required.
- Extensive experience in the creation of high resolution 3D characters.
- Proven ability to manage and organise small teams.
- A minimum of 6 years professional experience as Character Artist in the games industry.
- Expert experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
- Expert experience with texture creation/authoring tools such as Substance.
- A strong understanding of art fundamentals and anatomy.
- Excellent communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.