Director of Quality Assurance
Games Jobs - Production - Cambridge
|Job Title||Director of Quality Assurance|
|Job Category||Studio Head / CEO|
|Job Description||Jagex Games Studio is looking for an experienced Director of Quality Assurance to join our team in Cambridge, UK on our award-winning games development teams. You will benefit from working in a highly talented team with QA veterans of over 10 years and be part of a growing business which has rewarding opportunities.
You should have a strategic and comprehensive overview of what quality within video game development looks like and how to manage a large pan-studio QA department in order to achieve it. Whilst embedded within the game studio leadership team you will set the QA strategy, supervise the execution of QA Services and directly line manage QA leaders across the business. With excellent working knowledge of the development process, testing and our production lifecycles you will be expected to support your team and guide your line reports toward achieving their aspirations and the products goals.
Reports to: VP of Growth | Product Services
Department: Game Development
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for defining the QA strategy, approach and execution in all Jagex games.
- Be the senior-most point of contact and expert on all QA requirements and queries at studio.
- Directly line manage, mentor and support the QA Leadership team to facilitate their own and their team’s growth and aspirations, proactively identifying existing and future skill gaps within your organization.
- Strong collaboration with business and development leaders to understand product vision, requirements and develop suitable strategies to ensure high quality releases.
- Work with key stakeholders in the studio to proactively develop a culture of testing best practices throughout the production lifecycle.
- Working with the newly formed 3rd party publishing group to define and provide suitable QA support for our new game partners.
- Establish industry leading working practices for integrating remote QA teams, whilst utilizing new and existing external QA partners to provide support as needed to support internal skillset.
- Define and build departmental KPI’s/reporting frameworks are effective and are being used to track department performance in relation to product and overall company objectives.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree level education.
- Extensive experience of QA Project and Program Management in AAA games experience across multiple titles
- Significant managerial experience, ideally managing managers.
- Experience of setting up and working with distributed teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development and QA processes.
- Proven Experience building and leading large teams, coaching and developing people.
- Worked in a fast-moving environment ensuring quality products on release.
- Self-Starter and creative problem solver with strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Agile processes and tools, e.g JIRA and Confluence
|Location||220 Science Park, Cambridge|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 2019-1635.|
|Apply for this job|