Full Stack Engineer
Games Jobs - Programming - Cambridge
|Job Title||Full Stack Engineer|
|Job Description||Company Overview:
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Tech Services team is responsible for player accounts, payments and the Jagex websites.
We are building a highly collaborative, multi-skilled team to deliver new product features, and to refine and maintain our key systems. Our latest platform is based on a microservice architecture and we are adopting a DevOps approach.We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Engineeer to become a key contributor supporting our vision, to be creative and to inspire our players.
Our Technology Stack
• NodeJS / Java / Spring Boot / Typescript – microservices
• Kafka / PostgreSQL / Redis / ElasticSearch
• Angular / <a class="postings-link" href="http://Vue.js">Vue.js</a> / <a class="postings-link" href="http://Backbone.js">Backbone.js</a> / React – web app frameworks
• AWS Cloud / On-prem - infrastructure
• Bamboo / Ansible / Webpack / Gulp / Terraform – CI / CD / IaC
• Work closely with the Engineering Managers to build the skillset of Jagex Engineers
• Work with a cross-functional team in a Scrum environment
• Contribute to functional and technical analysis, design of individual microservices and engage in technical discussions
• Create high throughput systems by exploiting new and existing technologies
• Utilize your existing experience of continuous integration and deployment
• Play an active role in shaping the departments technical principles
• Build exciting and engaging web experiences
• Gamer at heart -> we expect our employees to be product focused
• Experienced in maintaining and developing a microservice infrastructure
• Experienced in frontend and backend Web technologies
• Experience working in a DevOps culture
• Experience creating CI / CD pipelines and associated build & deployment tools (e.g. Webpack, Ansible, etc...)
• Ability to present work to stakeholders as part of a team
• Ability to contribute clearly to technical discussions
• Experience working in Agile and Scrum Frameworks
• Desirable Requirements
• Experience in automated testing - functional, security, chaos, load testing etc.
• Public and private cloud experience
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 96662c93-0333-40e1-8f75-3597618d1fc9.|
|Apply for this job|