Junior Audio Designer
Games Jobs - Sound / Music - Cambridge
|Job Title||Junior Audio Designer|
|Job Category||Sound / Music|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Under supervision assists with the design and creation of music/sound design/voiceover in assigned areas of product development that meets the audio direction criteria and quality bar.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Delivery of professional level sound design, music and dialogue for Jagex’s games and marketing material, under supervision.
• Working closely with designers and level designers to ensure that the audio design supports the game design
• Recording, editing and cataloging audio for the game projects and team’s central sound library.
• Taking ownership of all audio for certain areas of content.
• **PLEASE NOTE WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE BOTH A COVER LETTER AND SHORT DEMO REEL WITH EACH APPLICATION
What we are looking for:
• Has a passion for games and the desire to make them
• Understands sound design concepts and music theory and concepts and their application in game audio.
• Has a good working knowledge of industry standard audio tools for creating audio assets
• Has knowledge of game audio techniques and audio production fundamentals
• Has a good understanding of the game development process
• Has some basic level game engine experience
• Demonstrates a willingness and ability to learn and give and accept constructive feedback
• Has the ability to develop and communicate basic ideas and concepts
• Has strong communication skills
• Willingness to work to a brief, adopt working practices and work within the stated boundaries, whilst also demonstrating initiative and creativity
• Is proactive and self-organised
Even better if you have (but not essential):
• Has some knowledge of coding/scripting
• Has some experience of video editing
• Has the ability to compose music in a wide range of styles
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Sound / Music|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 63f6a736-8123-4704-ab7b-fe4734a38562.|
|Apply for this job|