Senior Game Designer
Games Jobs - Game Design - UK & Europe
|Job Title||Senior Game Designer|
|Job Category||Games Designer,Lead Designer|
|Job Description||Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We recently secured Series B funding and have ambitious plans for the future. From growing our user base to improving our product, there is a lot of work to do to take Memrise to the next level.
Our goal is to become the world’s most entertaining learning app, and to achieve this we need the help of a Senior Games Designer to ensure our learning experience is uniquely effective, interesting, rewarding and engrossing over the long term.
If you’ve had a broad career, exploring all kinds of game design, from gambling to board games, F2P mobile to live events, and you want to apply what you’ve learned about how people and games work to help others learn skills that will fundamentally change their minds and their lives, then this is the role for you. It’s a wonderfully diverse environment, with a genuinely positive mission and a desire to find solutions to hard problems and a sincere respect for the practice of game design. Help us change people’s minds, to change their lives, to change their worlds.
What will you be doing day to day?
What are we ideally looking for?
Nice to Have:
But even if you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch nevertheless. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're, above all, just as interested in character as in talent!
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (time-wise, plus we have standing desks)
- Private health insurance
- Quarterly hackathons
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet-friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a PureGym membership
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
|Salary||£40,000 - £65,000 + Benefits|
|Location||E1 6PX, UK & Europe|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|More||View other Memrise jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Memrise using their internal reference .|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|