||Our client is a highly-engaged content creation team within a Worldwide collective of Studios. They are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Working with their game team partners around the world, they share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry leading visuals. They are adventurous and creative. They are courageous and they take chances. They seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
The major AAA game development studio is currently looking for an Art Director to join their Shanghai based studio.
- Mentor associate art directors, to help them improve their skills and experience.
- Help partners clarify and enhance the visuals of their games via expert knowledge of visual language and themes.
- Actively work to teach the art teams about western art and culture, to improve our ability to create games for that market.
- Identify elements in the game that do not match the game style, and drive dialogues with partners to get them addressed.
- Own all visual elements of the game, and able to drive them to successful quality, either personally or through delegation.
- Makeups and paint-overs to convey visuals to both the internal team and partners.
- Drive the look and feel of all front-end and in-game interfaces, define the 2D presentation of the game.
- Use development experience to help with prediction and risk management on projects
- Constantly engage with counterparts in other studios to maintain strong, long-term relationships.
- Expert art direction ability with previous experience shipping several next gen/AAA titles as Art Director.
- Strong ability to direct visual storytelling for a variety of styles, settings and themes.
- Experience in researching a visual style, and creating a strong ‘game canon’ that can be used to guide a game team.
- An expert in how to create believable art, including when and how to break from reality for the good of the game.
- Strong skills at directing concept artists to create the visual look of a game.
- Strong understanding of how all types of assets work, and able to leverage them to best effects.
- Strong experience with workflows – enough to be able to persuasively correct processes of our partners.
- Strong English language skills – written and verbal