||The Senior Level Artist, Helps define and utilities the latest tools for world creation to build High fidelity worlds in engine to the highest standards, according to the visual direction set by the Art Director. As a Senior in his role, the Senior Level Artist in collaboration with other disciplines, helps push the limits of the engine to create stunning visual in game that is within specifications of Art, Design and Technology.
- Builds visually stunning worlds in-engine that is to spec
- Builds benchmark worlds utilizing pre-made assets for quick prototyping.
- Mentors other artists to maintain quality bar of delivery
- Creates Worlds using the latest tools available
- Together with the Tech Director and Art Director, helps define new tools that would benefit the team.
- Helps push the boundaries of the engine by defining new ways of efficient workflow
- Organizes schedules and timelines to deliver the world within budget and on time
- Leads a team to deliver the tasks in said time
- Reports to the Art Director on risks and progress of the world
- Proficient with all the tools required to deliver a Stunning world which includes, Textures, Lighting, Composition rules and world building rules.
- Strong grasp of procedural creation mindset of world creation.
- Helps drive Level Design according to pre-defined Design.
Strong Technical Understanding
- Together with the Tech Director, helps define and police pre-agreed technical constraints of the world.
- Drives new graphics technologies with the Graphics programmer and Technical Director
As a Senior Level Artist, this role requires a Strong grasp in procedural world building techniques. The role also consists of being able to define stunning world that is well composed using a set of rules and formula to feed into the procedural world creation tool.
A solid artistic eye that is sensitive to composition rules and aesthetics is used to drive the quality bar of the world.
- Extensive games industry art / technical art experience.
- Shipped AAA open world games as a Lead/Senior Level Artist (or its equivalent)
- Shipped AAA open world games using procedural systems
- Strong grasp of two or more domains (ie 3D Art, 2D Art, Technical Art, Lighting, Textures)
- Experience developing large-scale / open-world / sandbox games.
- Experience developing with Unity.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Solid grasp of popular games and art direction in gaming generally.
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends in art production methodologies and tools.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience in recruiting and growing new teams and projects.
- AAA / console game development experience.
- Confident in prototyping and researching new art technology and techniques.
- Experience in (creating and/or configuring) rigging, lighting, shading, texturing.
- Proficiency in documentation and communication.
- Familiarity cooperating with outsourcing partners.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent formal qualification) in a relevant field.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools.
- Experience working in diverse, multinational teams.
- Familiarity with Houdini and Substance.
- Experience with photogrammetry and associated rapid game art production pipelines / techniques.
- Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools.
- Experience creating, commissioning and critiquing concept art.
- Interest in open-world games.
- Fluency in Dutch and Korean languages.