Art Director - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Art Director - SUMO SHEFFIELD|
|Job Category||Art Director|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
We are actively recruiting a new AAA Core team as part of our expansion strategy, capable of innovating & developing the next wave of gaming.
As part of this new drive we are currently on the search for an exceptional Art Director to join our Sheffield studio. You will be working in the newly formed Core team and will be the back bone of the team’s Art discipline, assisting in shaping what it looks like and helping to drive diversity as we begin to work on an exciting new project.
As the Art Director, you will take the helm leading on all art aspects from the design and development of artwork to the general management and supervision over environment, character, visual effects and animation. You will have several key relationships across the studio, working in conjunction with the Head of Art and Design Leads to set and lead the quality standards for a game, with profound knowledge of techniques and technical limitation requirements.
You will undoubtedly be a confident art leader unafraid to be an advocate for the art team with the ability to have a holistic approach on how art impacts the gaming development lifecycle. With a passion for excellence you will drive high standards, mentor and support team members and push for creative collaboration across both the Art department and other disciplines.
Within this role you will:
• Set Vision & Art Direction ~ set the visual bar for the IP!
• Manage Art Teams ~ to establish language & vision for the project.
• Take an Active Role ~ in planning of projects & project pitches.
• Manage Process ~ ensuring art teams have the proper techniques and tools to deliver top quality art on a project.
• Motivate & Inspire ~ the art team ensuring they keep the artistic style and mood consistent with defined visual style.
• Mentor ~ and provide strong career guidance to art staff.
• Drive innovation ~ and establish art staff best practices & methods.
To be successful you will have:
• A number of years working in game development as Senior member of an Art Department with a minimum of 3 shipped titles under your belt.
• Solid commercial knowledge of current game art production pipelines and workflows.
• Excellent knowledge of all the latest games that are in direct competition with the products that are being developed at the studio. This is to ensure quality level of art is maintained.
• A deep understanding of a variety of art 2D and 3D software packages, knowledge of engine and tool sets required to generate assets.
• Outstanding technical understanding of colour theory, composition and staging techniques.
You will also demonstrate that you can:
• Produce finished art of an exceptional quality.
• Work to develop solutions for any issues that may arise.
• Effectively work with limited guidance and take initiative.
• Manage large and diverse teams, supporting all levels of the department.
• Keep abreast of upcoming innovations in the industry and identify how we can continue to progress the department.
• Define and maintain art production pipelines for efficiency and state of the art assets.
• Clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of the business.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 28a7044b-5c40-491d-a8f2-ada7af34a11c.|
|Apply for this job|