Senior Character Artist - SUMO NEWCASTLE
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Senior Character Artist - SUMO NEWCASTLE|
|Job Category||Character Artist|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Newcastle joined the Sumo Digital family in January of 2018. As a former CCP Games studio, we have a solid history of cutting-edge development, and now with Sumo, a spectacular future of ‘AAA’ game development for some of the biggest and best publishers in the world.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Sumo Newcastle is looking for a highly talented and creative Senior Character Artist to join an experienced and passionate team currently working on an unannounced 3rd person multiplayer action title.
You will be at the core of the character art team helping to define the style and drive quality.
This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated individual who wants to work as part of an experienced team within a highly creative and supportive environment.
Within this role you will:
• Transfer your high poly models into low poly models that adhere to required guidelines.
• Have a good knowledge of creating efficient meshes that are good for performance.
• Understand and be experienced in the baking pipeline in order to produce high quality in-game assets.
• Create well laid out, high quality textures suitable for both traditional and PBR pipelines.
• Keep up to date with modern processes in the character art pipeline.
• Create readable documentation for techniques and pipelines for the character production process.
• Be able to schedule your time and others in order to meet the project deadlines
• Have good organisational skills and produce workfiles that are easily used by others.
• Collaborate with the concept team by highlighting and providing solutions to any design problems before the modelling.
• Work closely with rigging and animation to ensure that your models work well in motion.
• Mentor other Character Artists and share your personal experience to improve our character production process.
• Work with the Character Artists and other disciplines on preproduction tasks.
• Help set the standard for model creation for the project.
We need you to have:
• Ability to produce excellent high polygon models in both traditional 3D and sculpting packages.
• Ability to work in a variety of styles.
• Ability to produce meshes that have a good structure and are suitable for animation.
• Good understanding of anatomy.
• Several years of applicable industry experience and at least one shipped title.
• Animated feature film character artists experience can be a substitution.
• Excellent knowledge of at least one major 3D package (Max or Maya preferred).
• Excellent knowledge of Photoshop or similar 2D program.
• Excellent knowledge of Mudbox or ZBrush.
• Experience with Substance Painter.
• Experience with shaders.
• Strong understanding of game development process.
We'd also ideally like you to have (although it's not a deal breaker):
• Game engine experience (UE4 preferred)
• Hard Surface modelling experience
• Technical art experience
• Shaders and material creation for engines
• High res marketing materials production
• Concept experience
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 776a1d07-5fa7-4ad3-a9c9-f6fd346d0616.|
|Apply for this job|