Trainee Programmer Internship - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Games Jobs - Programming - Anywhere
|Job Title||Trainee Programmer Internship - SUMO SHEFFIELD|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Sumo is currently leading an industry initiative to develop apprenticeship standards for the video game sector. As part of this, we are looking to recruit a cohort of Game Programmer interns to play a collaborative role in shaping the future of industry training.
We’re looking for candidates with huge potential, but who don’t have all the usual prerequisites for gaining employment in the videogame industry. These 12-month paid internships will provide the candidates with specific training in C++ programming and Unreal game development as they work towards releasing their first published game. Although this is NOT part of any kind of formal apprenticeship programme, it will feed directly into the development of planned future programmes.
A typical candidate will have just graduated with top grades from a non-game related degree, but will be able to demonstrate an aptitude for programming (in any language) through university assignments or extra-curricular projects. However, we’re also interested in candidates without a degree who have demonstrated exceptional talent in hobbyist game programming, or applicants from other industries who want to re-train in game development. We’re looking for aptitude rather than experience, so if you have a passion for getting into games development, then we’d love to hear from you!
Within this role you will:
• Study C++ programming, 3D mathematics and game development with Unreal 4.
• Assist in collating, testing and refining training resources.
• Work with other interns to develop a publishable game.
We need you to have:
• An aptitude for programming.
• A passion and curiosity for learning game development.
• A willingness to learn appropriate mathematics.
• Great communication and team-working skills.
This opportunity may particularly suit:
• Graduates of Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics degrees with limited experience in C++ programming and game engines.
• Graduates of any degree who have completed (and enjoyed) a significant programming project as part of their studies.
• Hobbyist game developers with a portfolio of work, but without any formal training in programming.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference d126619e-ee72-485f-b530-c9ab72f5104c.|
|Apply for this job|