Environment Artist - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Environment Artist - SUMO NOTTINGHAM|
|Job Category||Environment Artist|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Nottingham became part of the Sumo Digital family in March of 2016 and is a community of diverse, game-loving people ranging from industry veterans to talented graduates.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo We’re looking for passionate and talented Environment Artists to join our team in Nottingham. You will be working on a super exciting project currently in production, and will form part of the highly skilled art team.
Within this role you will:
• Create high quality realistic and stylized next gen game environment buildings, props and landscapes.
• Sculpt and model high and low polygon assets and texture them through the PBR pipeline.
• Ensure assets created follow the given art direction, and are within the agreed production deadlines and conform to the required technical specifications.
• Have an eager attitude to improve and continually develop required skills through personal learning and training.
• Within this role you will work with the concept, environment and the level design team to construct and populate worlds and levels.
• You’ll need to be passionate about visual storytelling, excited about working in different areas of game art and the opportunity to develop new skills and work in a small, fast interdisciplinary team.
• You will be responsible for briefing and feedback on a proportion of work created externally.
We need you to have:
• Excellent core 3D modelling skills using Max/Maya and ZBrush.
• Strong Photoshop skills and ability to create photorealistic hand painted textures.
• A good understanding of PBR work flow, and procedural software such as Substance Painter and Substance Designer
• A strong portfolio with high and low poly modelling and texturing examples.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience of working within Unreal 4
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference d9d38b8e-1595-4b5b-9882-2e9f2f074c94.|
|Apply for this job|