Gaming Partnerships & Events Executive
Games Jobs - Sales - London
|Job Title||Gaming Partnerships & Events Executive|
|Job Category||Sales Manager,Sales Executive,Business Development|
|Job Description||War Child UK protect, educate, and stand up for the rights of children caught up in war. Our mission is to support children and young people who live with a combination of insecurity, poverty and exclusion in some of the worse conflict-affected places. We look forward to a world in which the lives of children are no longer torn apart by war. This is a vision that can only be realised through the collective actions of children themselves, communities and their leaders, organisations like War Child, governments and key decision makers. Since our inception in 1993 we have always had a strong connection with music & entertainment and it continues to be big part of our identity. We promote and deliver a growing series of gigs every year and we have won awards for our innovative fundraising campaigns with both the music and gaming industry.
This exciting newly created role, Gaming Partnerships & Events Executive, offers the opportunity to create, activate & manage gaming related events (both digital stream & physical) and manage key streaming partnerships playing a critical role in raising funds and awareness of our cause. Sitting in the wider Corporate Partnerships / Fundraising team at War Child, the award-winning Gaming Partnerships team (Most Innovative Fundraising Campaign 2017 by the Institute of Fundraising for Armistice) work across the entire gaming industry (mobile, console & PC) to raise vital funds for War Child globally in partnership with our U.S based fundraising partner Children in Conflict.
With over 10+ years’ experience in gaming and digital partnerships, the Gaming team has established themselves as innovators & experts in the sector for gaming/charity colorations and have presented at various events including The Develop Awards in Brighton, Unite:Europe in Amsterdam & Pocket Gamer Connect in London.
• Identify existing & establishing new gaming fundraising events across the global e-sports and competitive gaming sector
• Manage key streaming platforms and build relationships with streaming partners to fundraise for War Child.
• To conceive and deliver proposals to gaming event individuals/platforms - targeting both corporate social responsibility (CSR) and marketing & events managers
• To be accountable to the financial and non-financial objectives in-line with the War Child Gaming Strategy 2018 - Onwards.
• Attending gaming events across Europe & the US to meet new & existing gaming partners
• To ensure all active and potential corporate partners receive an excellent level of service, understand clearly the work War Child does, and feel positive about all their points of engagement with War Child
• To ensure agreements are in place which set out the expectations and requirements of both War Child and each corporate partner, ensuring each partnership is transparent and well managed
• To ensure the database (salesforce) is kept up to date with relationships, and to keep and maintain up to date records of activity
• To undertake other duties as required by the Gaming Partnerships Manager or Head Partnerships.
War Child’s office is a lively and fast-paced environment made up of a team of extremely dedicated staff & volunteers. We’re looking for someone who can fit in well and bring their personality, creativity and professionalism to our fundraising and the wider charity.
• Right to work in the UK
• Experience in delivering/coordinating events that have generated income or awareness
• Experience in managing relationships with influencers (low & high value)
• Experience in new business and building and maintaining relationships with key partners
• Success in generating income/sales and achieving financial targets
• Experience in developing and writing successful proposals, presentations and other business documents
• IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Digitally savvy; comfortable using Twitter, Reddit, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitch, YouTube etc
• Understanding and appreciation of different types of partnerships/relationships and understanding the motivations behind each
• Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to develop new commercial ideas and translate into action and results
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities effectively. • Confident in dealing with people at all levels, and ability to influence and negotiate
Competencies (Soft Skills):
• Communicating with internal & external stakeholders
• Understanding War Child’s mission & vision
• Able to change and improve
• Impactful use of use of industry knowledge
• Able to achieve results
• Interested in gaming / streaming culture / personalities or had their own streaming channel
• Comfortable using creative software such as Adobe Photoshop or Adobe InDesign
Working Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Probation: 6 months for permanent staff and staff on 12 months’ contract.
Start date: ASAP
Travel: Potential for occasional travel for events (Europe & USA)
Salary: £26,658 - £30,617 per annum (gross, depending on experience)
Leave: 28 days pa pro-rata, increasing by one day for each year’s service up to a maximum of 5 additional days
Pension: All eligible employees are automatically enrolled into a Group Personal Pension Plan. Contributions will be made on a salary exchange basis as follows: employees contribute a minimum of 3% of basic monthly salary to receive a contribution of 5% from War Child.
• To apply for this role please fill in the application form that can be found here: https://www.warchild.org.uk/who-we-are/jobs/gaming-partnerships-%26-events-executive
• All applications must reach War Child at email@example.com by 11:59 pm on Sunday 18 February.
• We cannot accept CV’s without a completed application form.
• Due to limited resources War Child HR will contact only the shortlisted candidates
• First round interviews will be held Wednesday 28th Feb, 1st March, 2nd March 2018
• Second round interviews for selected candidates may be arranged on w/c 5th March
• Any offer made post the second interview will be conditional on receipt of 3 favourable written references, (from your most recent employer, any other previous employer and a character reference). War Child reserves the right to call the referees, in case clarification is required post the receipt of complete reference forms.
• The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a DBS Police check and/or international police check, a medical check for overseas travel purposes, be compliant and sign up to War Child’s Child Safeguarding Policy prior to a final offer being made.
|Salary||£26,658 - £30,617|
|More||View other War Child UK jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of War Child UK using their internal reference .|
|Apply for this job|