||Our Total War Brand Team have an exciting opportunity for Beta Programme Manager to join our studio based in Horsham, in the heart of Sussex.
As a key part of the Player Experience team, you will manage the critical feedback that is derived through beta programmes, both closed and open. The Beta Programme Manager is responsible for managing this beta pipeline and ensuring it delivers to the objectives of the Player Experience Team through the generation of feedback and bug reports.
In this varied and interesting role within our development studio, you will bring your experience in running similar programmes in order to quickly take full ownership of beta programme responsibilities and develop them to remain efficient and relevant as development needs evolve.
As a Beta Programme Manager in the studio, you will be highly organised, working with initiative and attention to detail defining the process to develop and execute robust beta plans that will instil confidence with our key stakeholders across the studio. In this key role, you will be responsible for managing beta deliverables that enable easy analysis and reporting for Player Experience Managers to then follow up with development teams. Bringing your previous knowledge and experience, you’ll contribute to and propose community initiatives that benefit the marketing strategy.
With a growth mindset, you will be comfortable being able to pivot from project to project depending on requirements. In this role, you will be able to communicate across the studio clearly and confidently as well as collaborate with all areas of the project, ensuring beta programmes get the inputs required to deliver to the goals of the role.
On a day-to-day basis, you will
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Have a strong evaluation ethic; use surveys and participation metrics to track the health of beta programmes
- Report on and organise feedback and bugs that come from the beta programme
- Create, modify, and/or remove processes and infrastructure to ensure efficient running of beta programmes, this can include the introduction of new platforms, solutions, or a drastic shift in strategy currently in place
- Be comfortable with responsibility around code security, spotting risks and working quickly to mitigate them
- Identify where appropriate performance indicators and targets of these processes/ infrastructure to maximise accountability and efficiency
- You will be a tenacious, proactive worker, driving the role and delivering on its responsibilities with little direct supervision
- Create and own the timeline containing milestones and deliverables associated with the beta
- Propose measurable targets for the beta programme for review and learning purposes. Meeting these targets are considered the primary measure of the Beta Programme Managers success
- Work with QA departments to agree effective process for translating beta bug reports into development task databases.
- Experience with management of software beta programmes; ideally videogame beta programmes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills when dealing with all levels of seniority, internally and externally across a variety of channels
- Superb reporting skills, able to filter information fast and deliver it to the right set of stakeholders
- Experience managing or interacting with communities as a company representative and the wider commercial context of that interaction
- Understanding of data science principles, with the aim of minimising confirmation bias and data misrepresentation
- Excellent project management skills, and a pro-active and troubleshooting attitude to resolve blockers and source solutions quickly
- Ability to assess and mitigate risk
- Willingness to travel.
- Public-facing communications experience
- Understanding of the wider software development process and games industry
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, able to spot opportunities, creatively problem solve and initiate and finish projects to specifications and deadline
- Experience in an analytical or data driven role
- Strong familiarisation with the Total War range of titles.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.