||d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is growing, and we are now looking for an Art Director to join the expanding Art Team. As our studio, part of the Keywords Studios group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time, we can offer plenty of variety and involvement.
We are based in Runcorn, Cheshire and offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz
The Role - Art Director
The Art Director will be central in shaping our growing Art Team at d3t. It is a hands-on role overseeing multiple projects, inspiring the artists with your vision and passion for creating the most beautiful game artwork possible. We work with very high-profile clients on amazing game titles and so the quality of the artwork is critical to satisfying and retaining their loyalty.
- Provide clear, concise visual direction and guidance across all Art development at d3t and review all digital assets, providing feedback in a timely manner.
- Share your passion for excellence, create inspiring artwork/style guides to clearly promote the visual quality standards we are aiming for and ensure that everyone is working in creative cohesion to meet these standards.
- Drive the vision forward by working alongside the art team, creating artwork and assets to inspire and guide the other Artists.
- Continually look for opportunities to innovate and improve the visual quality on all projects.
- Take an active role in planning of project pitches and be comfortable dealing face to face with publishers and other clients to discuss working with them on their games.
- Help to build and raise the profile of the growing art team.
- Mentor Artists in the team providing support and nurturing to encourage their continued growth and helping to improve their skills and build their knowledge.
- Oversee and provide detailed feedback to multiple art disciplines including 2D, 3D, Lighting, VFX, Animation and Concept Art.
- An impeccable eye for aesthetic quality, visual excellence and a high attention to detail demonstrated through an impressive art portfolio.
- Highly proficient in current development tools and software including Unreal, Unity, Maya and/or 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance and Photoshop.
- A confident art leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will have the ability to articulate visual ideas with clarity and conviction and provide clear feedback and guidance.
- Good understanding of essential art principles; colour and lighting theory, composition and staging techniques.
- Able to creatively supervise and drive artwork, directing the other artists and leading by example.
- The Art Director needs to be agile, overseeing all Art teams and able to adapt to a variety of existing art styles, whilst always pushing for excellence on every game title.
- With exceptional understanding of up to date game development technical processes, you will take a keen interest in latest technology workflows and advancements and have an interest in learning, evaluating and evangelizing appropriate usage of new software, tools and technologies.
- You will have good leadership skills, be a collaborative team player with 3+ years of game art management experience.
- You will have a calm, positive and professional attitude alongside excellent time-management and organisational skills.
Benefits & Perks– just some of the many offered by d3t
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos - an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Branded Merchandise
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area
To apply send your CV or for further infomation please contact Sally Samuel, Talent Acquisition Manager - d3t