Associate Art Director
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Cambridge
|Job Title||Associate Art Director|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Overview:Jagex is looking for an experienced and adaptable Associate Art Director for its Creative Services department. The candidate will provide strategic and creative leadership for our team’s internal and external asset quality, ensuring they reach the highest standard and fully support the game’s artistic vision. They will spearhead the delivery of compelling content for Jagex’s intellectual properties and provide creative direction across Marketing, Development, Social Media, Digital Media, Web, Email, Video and Player Support, plus other products. To be successful, you will need to inspire a team of talented Artists and Creators tasked with creating exciting and innovative content across all outward facing channels.
• Manage and mentor the Creative Team providing Leadership, Artistic Direction, and guidance.
• Collaborate with the Art Directors to champion new creative approaches to content, cultivating fresh thinking and innovative ideas.
• Work and with clients from agreed briefs, including setting delivery dates, scheduling, and art direction for completed work.
• Work in close partnership with Marketing and Game Development teams to develop creative strategies, concepts, and artistic direction for all initiatives.
• Work as Brand watchdog, ensuring consistent levels of quality and branding through all communication channels.
• Inspire and Motivate the Creative team, providing a positive and creative work environment while improving workflow and process.
• Evaluate team and individual skill sets, capabilities, and weaknesses and implement training opportunities that improve the quality of work output.
• Advanced level experience of moving a project through the entire creative process, including concepting, direction, and production
• Cultivate internal and external client and contractor relationships.
• Work with Brand Managers and Marketing Leads in an iteration/collaborative environment to build a solid internal creative process.
• Provide monthly/quarterly Creative Services budget and resource information.
Skills and Knowledge:
• 5 years’ experience leading a creative team
• Game industry experience preferred
• Strong sense of leadership and creativity.
• Desire and ability to continue learning and growing as an Artist and Leader.
• Ability to give clear and precise feedback as-well-as receive it.
• Knowledge of technical art standards and capabilities across all outward facing platforms. (Facebook, tiktok, YouTube, Instagram, twitter, etc.)
• Master level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to establish trust with a team, excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work within tight, and sometimes ‘reactive’, deadlines.
• Ability to delegate when needed.
• Strong voice for internal and stakeholder reviews of completed work to ensure compliance to brief and brand guidelines.
• Knowledge of technology trends and platforms.
• Ability to influence and get buy-in for your ideas with leadership and cross-functional teams across the organization.
• RuneScape experience is desirable, but not essential.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 9903a610-a533-43da-b798-68a8c03bb307.|
|Apply for this job|