Director of Product Management
Games Jobs - Production - Cambridge
|Job Title||Director of Product Management|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Job Purpose: Responsible for the management of the 3rd Party Product Management team, ensuring commercial success of titles being developed by external developers and published by Jagex The role will be expected to collaborate directly with external development teams, product marketing teams, analytics teams and other stakeholders to define a game economy design that aligns the objectives of the game with the monetization strategy for the company overall. As owner of the product P&L for managed titles, the role is responsible for forecasting, budgeting, strategic planning for revenue and tactical and operations storefront design and management in prelaunch and launch phases (both as an individual and through managed resources). The role will manage a team of Product Managers and monetization designers to with the responsibility of effectively driving revenue to meet or exceed targets. The role will be a key member of the leadership team for 3rd party and Partnership with portfolio revenue responsibilities and ownership of KPIs This person must have the ability to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and project how consumers behave. The best candidate will have strong analytical skills, deep understanding of MMO game design, and proven experience creating game economy designs for Free-to-Play online games.
Key Duties Include:
• Manage the PM team to achieve objectives and ensure high morale and productivity.
• In collaboration with Studio and Publishing partners, develop and design free-to-play game economy on not-yet-released products.
• Develop a strategic vision for game monetization to drive long term retention, spender conversion, and optimize financial performance
• Manage the feature prioritization process and work closely with the Platform development team to ensure timely delivery of releases and clear communication across the business.
• Identify the potential sale drivers for different product categories in the game economy, and define the key points of exposure for those drivers.
• Manage pricing of virtual items to meet strategic pricing strategies for the game. Create a framework of sinks and faucets in the game economy to influence pricing decisions.
• Research competitive titles and consumer behavior to provide analytical basis for game economy design
• Consult on live games that have stable and long-standing economies to further optimize their revenues
• Manages communication on monthly KPIs and monetization metrics for the business; drives forecasting and budgeting for owned titles.
• Extensive professional experience as a product manager, game economy designer, monetization designer, or similar role in the gaming industry
• Extensive experience in PC and mobile monetization and product management across multiple titles and business models
• Deep understanding of service platforms for games and/or online communities with the ability to clearly and concisely describe business requirements
• Experience with industry standard requirements documentation (PRD, BRD, MRD, etc.) and modern development methodologies (e.g. Agile)
• Excellent knowledge of the monetization of online Free-to-Play games
• Experience with both quantitative and qualitative analysis methods and application of this experience to game economy design
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Passion for games and desire to create fun and engaging online experiences
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong mathematical, statistics, and analytical skills
• Preferred: Undergraduate Degree in appropriate field (Economics, Game Design, Statistics, Business, Computer Science, etc.)
• Preferred: Game design experience outside of monetization and economy systems
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 12960907-3ee2-4f8d-b18b-9ba5d7f23c89.|
|Apply for this job|