Head of Product Marketing
Games Jobs - Marketing - Cambridge
|Job Title||Head of Product Marketing|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Publishing team are the owners of the global brand and marketing strategy for the RuneScape franchise. We define the product positioning, developing the landscape for commercial release, enthuse and excite players about the new addition to the Jagex games’ portfolio. Setting KPIs – revenue, players, retention, acquisition, market share, etc. – and achieving them. As Head of Product Marketing for our new Action RPG game you will lead setting and implementing the strategy and vision, have full budget responsibility and shared ownership of the product P&L with the Executive Producer and lead Product Manager. You will work directly with strategy, research, analytics and NPD game teams to achieve the successful launch through to acquisition and retention targets. You will be a senior member of the marketing group.
• Develop Global go-to-market plans and integrated marketing campaigns, including ATL, digital, social, CRM, search, promotions, and online channels.
• Define the game vision, brand identity, product positioning and target player segments in collaboration with Product teams.
• Create a culture that celebrates our fans and puts our community at the forefront of our business decisions.
• Your role covers the entire lifecycle of the game, from global marketing strategy, business case planning, and insight identification to developing, planning, shaping and delivering these.
• Translate product strategy and commercial targets into stretching marketing plans with detailed requirements ensuring brand compliance and consistency.
• Uncover and curate actionable player insights in collaboration with Research and Analytics teams.
• Create lifetime - quarterly, annual and multi-year - Product Marketing Plans.
• Working alongside Performance Marketing, Social, Community, CRM, PR and Research to define – and achieve - annual acquisition and requisition targets and budgets required to hit business goals and objectives.
• Stakeholder management, able to work with development teams to define product release requirements.
• Serve as the evangelist for your products, ensuring that the vision and strategy is translated across all communications, materials and promotions.
• Analyse and track performance of Marketing campaigns with clear KPI’s and regularly report back to the business.
• Proven commercial experience working on PC, Console or Mobile, including Free To Play GaaS type games that demonstrate large scale commercial success from planning through launch.
• Significant brand experience including the development of brand strategies, ability to define the ‘X’ of a brand relative to potential players, competitors, etc. and in a way that resonates with a development team.
• Excellent Presentation and communication skills, you will be expected to present at C level.
• Strong team leader with previous experience of managing 2+ direct reports.
• Creative mind-set with an ability to steer the product vision utilizing your extensive knowledge of the market and the competitor landscape.
• Highly organized and able to time-manage, delegate and deliver workloads effectively.
• Strong, relationship and influencing skills.
• Highly analytical, with and excellent understanding of statistics with the ability to interpret with confidence and whilst making and implementing recommendations.
• Proven experience managing budgets in the tens of millions of dollars.
• Passion for videogames preferably in MMO or RPG genre.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 4dcc0955-bae1-4a2d-9113-92fbe3d4a6e9.|
|Apply for this job|