Project Manager - Analytics and Data Science
Games Jobs - Production - Cambridge
|Job Title||Project Manager - Analytics and Data Science|
|Job Category||Project Manager|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a talented Project Manager to play a key role in supporting our Analytics & Data Science (ADS) team. As part of a multi-disciplined project management team, your role will be to provide the ADS team with Agile and Scrum experience, championing best practices and helping to evolve process and ways of working.
This role will work with cross functional teams to deliver customer and business value. Your strong experience in Agile will allow you to nurture and embed an Agile mindset (as well as tools, techniques, and practices) into the department and enable the product owners to work with the team to deliver on their commitments. You will work through team blockers and escalate as needed.
This is an amazing opportunity to be at the heart of delivering a wide variety of titles from an established developer/publisher, and requires an experienced, sharp and keen individual with a passion for games.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with the Snr. Director of ADS and the Director of Analytics, provide support as required to the ADS team and ensure successful delivery of all ADS projects
• Establish and nurture strong working relationships with tech leads, teams, VPs and execs
• Champion Agile and Scrum best practices and help foster a culture of continuous improvement.
• Add value to products by facilitating communications, organization, and accountability across all departments.
• Ability to challenge existing processes, sometimes working with people outside the team if processes are slowing the team down or not adding value. Help make informed decisions in conjunction with team leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available people.
• Identify and communicate all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals.
• Facilitate stakeholder meetings to ensure projects are on track, action items delivered and schedules are accurate.
• Motivate and support the team to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
• Collaborate with the rest of the project management team to ensure clear transparency across all projects
• Experience working in Analytics and Data Science teams
• Recent experience working as an Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master across multiple agile product development teams
• Experience working across departments, such as Social/Community, Marketing, Game Development teams and CRM
• Knowledge of the game development process
• Experience tracking a complex project and providing insight and influence into how to deliver more effectively
• Confluence and JIRA experience
• Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – the ability to make sense of the ambiguous
• Strong communicator
• Organized and highly motivated
• Can bring ‘order’ to chaos
• Ability to work across multiple business units and stakeholders
• Passion for videogames preferably in MMO or RPG genre
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference ffc5a2f5-aebd-4c5e-9eaa-cd49f26b8185.|
|Apply for this job|