Senior Build Engineer
Games Jobs - Programming - Cambridge
|Job Title||Senior Build Engineer|
|Job Category||Build Engineer|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
We are looking for that special person who thrives on helping to deliver the best possible product through the development and refinement of build, test and release technologies. As a key part of the game client team, the candidate will have direct involvement in the continuing development of the Runescape games, supporting the rest of the development group by delivering features to optimise and improve the reliability of the release processes. The role will cover a broad range of areas and technologies ; build systems and test automation frameworks, desktop and mobile devices, C++, Java and other scripting languages as needed, and the ideal candidate will help define the scope of the role, driving the direction of the release frameworks to optimise our workflow. This is an opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced online games company, at a studio of over 300 people, and face some exciting challenges that you just won't get in many other places.
• Development and improvement to build, test and release automation technologies
• Programming in C++ 11/14 and other languages as required
• Improving the tech behind the record-breaking MMO RuneScape
• Enhancing and maintaining our existing game engine technology
• Being proactive in finding ways to improve both how we work and how our games operate
• A passion for innovating solutions and solving problems in a unique technology stack
• Experience working with build and test automation frameworks (e.g. Maven), particularly those relating to the production of C/C++ projects
• An understanding and appreciation of test processes and QA requirements
• Ability to work semi-independently, pro-actively identifying and addressing issues
• Previous time spent working in a large complex system
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl or similar
• Proficiency in C++ and Java
• Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent experience
• Experience of working on networked and MMO games
• Experience of developing games for mobile, both iOS and Android
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Games industry experience
• Experience playing RuneScape
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 94697623-541b-4d9e-8c37-ff6ecbddbcb8.|
|Apply for this job|