Games Jobs - Game Design - Cambridge
|Job Title||Senior Designer|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Job Description||Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Senior Designer to join Jagex’s growing team. RuneScape is an MMORPG with millions of players, and our flagship product. You will work with our world class team to design, write and code fantastic game content, to build the future of our virtual world. You will be a highly proficient design team member, empowered and trusted to make design and implementation decisions in the areas of RuneScape that are within their purview.
As part of your role, you will:
- Contribute to the high-level design of game systems and content
- Understand and apply game design concepts such as game loops, systemic game design, compulsion loops, player psychology and metrics to design decision-making and implementation
- Understand and deliver on the needs and requirements of the game, team, management and audience
- Show excitement and passion for online games and game design, an avid player of games and genres, with the ability to understand distinction between personal preferences and audience preferences
- Possess a keen analytical mindset and fact-based and scientific approach to problem solving
- Be capable of productively working within a team, leading design discussions and effectively responding to and providing guidance and feedback. Accepts criticism well and seeks to integrate team members opinions into designs
- Authoritatively and confidently convey design intentions, player experience and development requirements with cross-disciplinary groups in a collaborative and non-confrontational manner
- Display ability to work with agility in a weekly release structure
- Have a willingness and ability to bring players into the design process
- Have a desire to mentor and coach design-interested developers and testers
- Ideally, display knowledge of RuneScape or a desire to find out more. Knowledge of monetization design, UX and/or combat is favourable
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
|Location||220 Science Park, Cambridge|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 2019-1605.|
|Apply for this job|