Senior Gameplay Programmer
Games Jobs - Programming - Cambridge
|Job Title||Senior Gameplay Programmer|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex is looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to help us undertake the exciting challenge of building a brand new, AAA massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
We have welcomed over 280 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve. From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest. Together with our players, we are united as one Jagex tribe.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be instrumental in shaping the future of MMORPGs from the ground-up, at the forefront of Unreal Engine 4 & 5 development. You will be responsible for applying your deep knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and keen focus on player experience to collaboratively craft exciting and engaging gameplay features and systems in a living online world.
• Game-focused, driven by a curiosity to understand why you are solving a problem, empowering you to find the right solution.
• Motivated by delivering value, driving you to focus on the core of a problem and iterating to produce great results.
• Excited by the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative, cross-functional team, helping to craft incredible player experiences.
• Communicate and work with a wide range of disciplines to help shape designs into reality, through prototyping and rapid iteration.
• Effectively utilise Unreal Engine 4 through a deep knowledge of its core gameplay, multiplayer and networking systems.
• Write fluent code that is structured and organised, with an appropriate use of data structures and abstractions to solve problems.
• Provide feedback, mentoring and coaching for other developers.
• Take ownership of key deliverables and drive them forward to delivery.
• Design sensible abstractions to construct complex systems and describe them effectively to other developers.
• Professional experience shipping multiplayer-focused Unreal Engine 4 game(s).
• Professional experience programming with modern C++.
• Demonstrable experience implementing multiplayer gameplay programming techniques and methodologies such as latency compensation, state synchronisation, and network communications.
• Strong Computer Science and maths knowledge.
Even better if you have:
• Experience with UE4 iOS and Android development.
• Experience working on MMO game(s).
• Experience working with content development tools and pipelines (Maya, Max etc).
• Experience working with automated testing frameworks.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 3ff39d05-486d-4078-b133-e91636175770.|
|Apply for this job|