Director of Production
Games Jobs - Production - Cambridge
|Job Title||Director of Production|
|Job Description||Company Overview:
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a Director of Production to play a key role in organizing and providing transparency across our organization. This role will work closely with the leaders of the technical divisions of the business to help coordinate efforts to deliver our aims. Your strong experience in project management will allow you to create an agile project governance framework and enable the product owners to work with the teams to deliver on their commitments. You will help them track their work effectively and enable confident forecasting. You will work through team blockers and escalate as needed. You will line management duties of Agile Delivery Manager. This role will coach and mentor across the technology department in Agile. Working closely with the external development teams and internal publishing services you will be responsible for ensuring any titles to be published by our platform have the best opportunity for success and growth. This is an amazing opportunity to be at the heart of delivering a wide variety of titles from a stable developer/publisher, and requires an experienced, sharp and keen individual with a passion for online games.
• Own how we report on projects & programs, make the data the source of good decisions.
• Develop the right ways to visualize our progress and predict when work will complete. Help make work visible inside the teams and across the organization.
• Be our expert in agile working. Sharing knowledge about Scrum and Kanban and how these frameworks best tie into a Lean framework. Expert knowledge in scaled agile techniques.
• Ensure effective ways of working and help other departments adopt agile principles.
• Make sure that the volume of work taken on can be delivered while working with the engineering leadership to ensure quality is properly balanced.
• Be a mentor and inspire a passion in how work is done.
• Encourage people into high performing teams who take accountability of their work.
• Help the business put the team’s first and empower them to do remarkable things.
• Line management of Agile Delivery Managers, Scrum Masters and Project managers.
• Assist the other leaders in understanding how their resources are put to best use.
• Promote a culture of collaboration and learning.
• Perform user training & coaching on project management methodologies.
• Be prepared to say no and empower teams to do the same when necessary.
• Be open and honest in your communications with the teams. Seek to earn their respect.
• To behave at all times in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done
• To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary
• To demonstrate a willingness to adapt and improve to the evolving environment of the company, teams and work requirements
• Manage cost in the best interest of the company weighing quality, velocity and end user experience.
• Be a gamer at heart -> we expect our employees to be product focused at all levels.
• Be an excellent servant leader.
• Experience building and hiring agile delivery managers.
• Have a proven track record of being customer value driven rather than a slave to project metrics (favor outcome over output).
• Some previous SaaS / online software development experience, ideally game as a service development experience. Must have shipped at least one product from design to live.
• Expert experience running scaled agile frameworks at mid or large sized companies.
• Be an Agile expert with a track record of delivering in Scrum or Kanban.
• Game Publishing experience a huge plus.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 0d763489-e5a6-45d2-b7d3-cb395597d13f.|
|Apply for this job|