Product Owner - Analytics Portal
Games Jobs - Programming - Cambridge
|Job Title||Product Owner - Analytics Portal|
|Job Category||Web Developer|
|Job Description||Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a talented, technical product owner to play a key role in growing our platform team. The team’s goal is to build a new backend gaming platform that our new games can integrate with easily. The platform allows customers to create and manage accounts, payments, microtransaction, cohort testing and reporting. This data will be critical to the product teams, so that they can understand what the customers want and where their pain points are.
This role will be focused on delivering analytical features into the new platform. You will be responsible for understanding the business requirements and translating these into prioritized feature backlogs which you will maintain through the development lifecycle. You must be experienced in writing user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure the development teams deliver to specification and product vision. The backlog will vary to being very front end focused to also being backend heavy thereby providing technical solutions to other development teams to leverage data solutions.
You will also be working closely with our game teams to launch new titles by managing the process of integrating 3rd party published games into the new platform.
This is an amazing opportunity to be at the heart of delivering the next generation of gaming platforms.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborating with 3rd party and 1st party teams including data analytics & engineering stakeholders to gather business requirements and prioritise these into the product backlog, ensuring development is focused and impactful.
- Managing the product backlogs in keeping them updated with new features and user stories.
- Documenting acceptance criteria at a user story level to ensure the development teams understand what is required.
- Solve problems to make our ingress/egress data pipeline more effective.
- Enable data analysts and scientists to bring insights to Jagex and its partners.
- Help define and craft the data product roadmap to improve our customer’s experience, conveying the vision for the platform to the internal teams.
- Work closely with engineering and development teams to deliver data applications integrated into the publishing platform.
- Define, analyse and communicate product metrics to help build new features and enhancements, optimising with continuous iterations.
- Deeply understand our customer’s journey and their underlying needs and pain points.
- Evangelise data products and advocate the effective use of data.
- Mentor and coach less experienced team members.
- Expert experience working in a product owner capacity.
- Expert experience working in analytics via a custom-built SaaS product, ideally with online games.
- Expert experience working in an agile software development team.
- Experience in developing or using analytics tools and AWS or Google services.
- Strong understanding of the uses, marketplace and future trends of analytical platforms.
- Excellent decision making and analytical problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be the voice of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly numerate, comfortable interpreting insight from large datasets.
- Fluent with data infrastructure terminology and meaning.
- You can demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong global project experience and enjoys working with distributed teams.
- Built and led product features from concept to full market launch.
- Comfortable working with customers to identify their needs and requirements.
What we offer
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
|Location||220 Science Park, Cambridge|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 2019-1675.|
|Apply for this job|