||OPM are currently looking for a multi-talented UI Programmer to implement rich, interactive user interfaces, menus and heads-up displays for our upcoming high-quality projects with Unreal Engine.
They offer a powerful and robust code base together with the opportunity to work with the most exciting cutting-edge hardware and development kits available today.
- Implement UI related functionality: in-game menus, start screens, interactive and animated HUD elements, leaderboards and more
- Working closely with Creative Directors, Game Designers and UI Artists, make sure interfaces are matching the established game style, ensure high standards of ergonomics and user-friendliness for our interfaces with clean, maintainable and scalable code
- Make the player experience as comfortable and intuitive as possible, and work with other stakeholders to react to feedback from QA, designers, focus-test groups and usability studies
- Work on game responsiveness optimization and the minimization of delays of any kind
- BSc in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Shipped at least 1 PC / Console title from conception to completion
- Solid understanding of UMG workflow, including console platform flow
- C++ knowledge and the ability to implement engine-side UI functionality/external calls
- Knowledge of the modern games UI design approaches, including console titles
- Familiarity with standard art tools like Photoshop and Illustrator
- Self-sufficient starter mentality and ownership of the UI features
- Creative and flexible mindset to improve processes and to overcome constraints
- Working English and team oriented skills
Not required, but a huge plus:
- Scaleform knowledge: basic scripting, calls to external targets, etc.
- Ability to draft UX flows and implement 2D Art for interfaces
- C#, Lua or any other industry standard scripting languages
- Experience with interface design in a general sense, being able to provide input on controller layout, modality issues, accordance between input and actions on screen
- Understanding of a screen layout, screen readability, screen estate, a good feel for typography and iconography
- Good knowledge of the color theory and graphic design principles
- Knowledge of TRC and XR requirements
- Experience with Openworld-games
As well as an excellent salary they offer:
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
- After checking your CV and application we would like to do a Skype-interview followed by a test-task.