||The 3d artists work together in order to provide the required assets to all the current projects following their needs and specifications.
They’re in charge of delivering the assets on time, ensuring artistic and technical quality as project demands.
3d artists work in close collaboration with the leads of each project and the art central managers in order to fulfill all the project needs in terms of asset creation in the fastest, reliable and efficient way possible.
- Artists must align themselves with the project needs and the project lead guidelines.
- Ensure assets are delivered in time and with the expected quality.
- Facilitate communication and ensure project lead asset reviews are done often (especially during the early stages of the asset production)
- Ensure the communication and understanding between the art and code department of any project
- Scout new tools and software in order to check if they are useful to extend or simplify our pipelines
- Mediate between tools department and the art needs so art requirements are translated properly to the tool’s feasible operations
- Extensive experience in the games industry as a 3d Artist or in a similar artistic position.
- Able to validate all technical aspects of Art.
- Good eye for color, lighting and composition skills
- Vastly experienced in 3D and 2D software like 3DS Max and Photoshop.
- Extensive sculpting experience using zbrush (or equivalent programs)
- Precise knowledge of Unity workflow, scene preparation/building, and asset integration
- Knowledge of real-time, techniques and methodologies used on videogame art development.
- Extensive experience with 3D tools (preferably within the gaming industry)
- Highly proactive, willing to help, problem solver mindset, organized, self-driven, a great team player and always with a smile.
- 2D drawing and painting skills would be positively considered too.
Benchmark of Success
- All assets you create excel in terms of quality and they’re always delivered on time.
- Your lead is always informed of the status of your work and you are always aligned with his task expectations.
- Your skills are always up to date, your tools are always sharp and you’re always aware of the next steps the industry is moving in terms of art.