Lighting Artist - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Lighting Artist - SUMO NOTTINGHAM|
|Job Category||VFX / Lighting Artist|
|Job Description||Sumo Nottingham develops characterful, accessible and innovative action/adventure and racing games for console and PC. We are part of Sumo Digital Ltd., an independent UK developer working with some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony and Sega.
The role @ Sumo Nottingham We have an extraordinary opportunity for an experienced Lighting Artist to join our experienced team in Nottingham. You will be a core pillar of the art team and help determine the final look and feel of our stunning environments. The ideal candidate will have a strong drive to achieve the agreed vision, and is well versed in working as part of team of experienced artists.
Within this role you will:
• Design and implement lighting for our environments and cinematics on our current projects
• Work with the Art Director on look development for pre-production and pitches
• Collaborate with the Art and Engineering teams to develop tools and pipelines.
To be successful you will need to have:
• Strong sense of lighting theory including exposure, artificial and natural light, reflections and colour temperature
• Strong abilities in real time rendering and post FX in a physically based pipeline
• Knowledge of shaders, materials and textures and their impact on lighting
• Understanding the use of lighting in gameplay to guide the player path and highlight objectives.
• Ability to balance visual quality, design needs and performance requirements.
• A minimum of 5 years of production experience working on AAA games or film.
• Experience in Unreal 4 is advantageous.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 1c436586-0a02-438c-8736-5e565c7d1a6e.|
|Apply for this job|