Senior Gameplay Programmer - SUMO NEWCASTLE
Games Jobs - Programming - Anywhere
|Job Title||Senior Gameplay Programmer - SUMO NEWCASTLE|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Newcastle joined the Sumo Digital family in January of 2018. As a former CCP Games studio, we have a solid history of cutting-edge development, and now with Sumo, a spectacular future of ‘AAA’ game development for some of the biggest and best publishers in the world.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced gameplay programmer to contribute to our AAA games projects. You will work with designers to implement, iterate and polish gameplay features, helping the designers to understand the engineering implications of their designs. In addition, you will create and extend core gameplay systems, as well as assisting project managers with estimation and task scheduling.
To be successful you will have:
• Strong C++ programming skills
• 5+ years games industry experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with game designers, including contributing own ideas into the design process
• Worked on at least one released AAA game in a gameplay programming role
• Ability to work in a team, including mentoring more junior programmers
• Ability to estimate and manage own work
• Experience of source control systems
It would be advantageous if you had:
• Experience working to manufacturers guidelines for different platforms
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
• Experience of working on third-person action games
• Strong knowledge of current AAA console games
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 21d79f79-032c-4ed5-938e-ddecb0008f6b.|
|Apply for this job|