UI Programmer - SUMO NEWCASTLE
Games Jobs - Programming - Anywhere
|Job Title||UI Programmer - SUMO NEWCASTLE|
|Job Category||UI / Front End|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Newcastle joined the Sumo Digital family in January of 2018. As a former CCP Games studio, we have a solid history of cutting-edge development, and now with Sumo, a spectacular future of ‘AAA’ game development for some of the biggest and best publishers in the world.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Sumo Newcastle is made up of a diverse mix of fantastic people, although sometimes, some groups are still under-represented. We are working to remove obstacles that can make it difficult for those groups to progress their careers in the games industry. We welcome applications from under-represented people in the gaming industry, including, but not limited to BAME, LGBQT+, women, people with physical disabilities, neurodiversity or mental health issues, and parents or carers.
The role @ Sumo
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced programmer with an interest in developing in-game and frontend UI for AAA games projects to join our UI team. You will work with UI designers and artists to implement, iterate and polish UI features, helping the UI designers to understand the engineering implications of their designs. In addition to working within our existing UI framework, you will be expected to create and extend UI tools and systems as appropriate for the task in hand. You will assist project managers with estimation and task scheduling.
To be successful you will have:
• Strong C++ programming skills
• Previous experience developing in-game UI and/or frontend features
• Excellent communication skills
• Worked on at least one released game
• The ability to work effectively in a team
• The ability to estimate and manage own work
• Experience of source control systems
• A passion for making games
It would be advantageous if you have:
• Contributed to UI features in shipped titles on recent games consoles
• Experience working to manufacturers guidelines for different platforms
• Worked with UMG in Unreal Engine 4
• Experience developing custom UI solutions
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 18650e22-ce2f-45d9-90a3-814720a7a611.|
|Apply for this job|