Senior Designer - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
Games Jobs - Game Design - Nottingham
|Job Title||Senior Designer - SUMO NOTTINGHAM|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune. The Nottingham studio became part of the Sumo Digital family in March of 2016.
Based in the Castle Marina area of the city and with Nottingham castle dominating the skyline, the new studio is a state-of-the-art space dedicated to supporting the highest calibre of game developments most creative people. The environment has been designed to be open, light and bright and to provide a creative and flexible space against which a new team can develop the latest ideas for today’s gaming platforms.
Our Nottingham studio is a real community of game loving, talented people who have a broad set of skills across a diverse range of games types including first-person shooter and racing games. We have been working hard on our first two projects – Team Sonic Racing for Sega and Project Nova for CCP and are about to embark on new projects.
We are looking for talented artists, designers, programmers, producers and support roles to join us making some fun games. In Nottingham we work on small and mid-size teams where everyone can contribute and make a big difference to the games we make. Delivering great games and following the Sumo Pathway, you’ll be able to develop your career within a supportive and creative environment.
Here at Sumo we are planning for big things. Don’t miss out. Join us.
Roles @ Sumo
We are looking for an experienced senior game designer to join the Sumo Nottingham design team to help us with exciting new projects.
Within this role you will:
• Ensure design and implementation support the core design goals for the project.
• Work with the team to design and clearly communicate game features.
• Own features during implementation to ensure they deliver the intended player experience.
• Mentor and manage designers delivering game features.
• Communicate game design to external clients and ensure feedback is incorporated as appropriate.
• Identify and implement improvements to the design process
• Participate in the recruitment process to help build a great design team.
We need you to have:
• Five or more years' experience working as a designer, including at least one shipped AAA title.
• Extensive experience designing game systems and content.
• Experience managing one or more designers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would also be great if you had:
• Experience tuning game systems in response to feedback
• Experience developing titles in Unreal Engine 4.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference f08c329c-65dd-4a58-b649-1855004caa6a.|
|Apply for this job|