QA TESTER (12 Month - Fixed Term) - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Games Jobs - QA / Localisation - Sheffield
|Job Title||QA TESTER (12 Month - Fixed Term) - SUMO SHEFFIELD|
|Job Category||QA Tester|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; we are growing across all our studios to support a very bright and busy future.
We have a host of well known partners that we work with including Microsoft, Sega, Sony, Disney and many more. Working alongside them our previous successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform).
Looking down the road we have several exciting but unannounced projects that we are working on (all very hush hush!), but we can share that we are incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform), Project Nova (PC) and Team Sonic Racing (multi-platform).
Here at Sumo we are planning for big things. Don’t miss out. Join us.
The role @ SumoWe have an opening for an experienced QA Tester.
Within this role you will:
• Take titles through end phase submission testing, from alpha to gold master
• Development QA from early design through to end phase testing involving:
• Grey box testing
• Black box / functional testing
• Monitoring project check-ins as well as liaising with the dev team to identify and track issues
• Daily smoke test on all target platforms
• Create, run and maintain test cases and test scenarios
• Adjustment and improvement to test approach to capture issues in the development process
• Provide feedback and suggestions to improve quality and game experience
We need you to have:
• Proven track record of QA testing 2 projects from start to completion with console testing experience
• Proactive and self-motivated, identifies problems in advance and presents innovative test approaches
• Proven Quality Assurance knowledge with game development\components
• Bug\defect tracking based experience such as JIRA, Hansoft, Bugzilla etc.
• Very active team player with excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Experienced games player with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements rapidly
• Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company
It would be great if you also have:
• An understanding of working within an agile development team
• Experience with Driving games. Plus a strong passion for this genre.
• Knowledge of network testing including:
• Co-op functionality testing experience
• Network conditioning testing with the ability to setup and maintain tools to aid with:
• Latency testing
• Packet loss testing
• Connection restrictive testing
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 7b21df7e-e49d-4328-a780-19feb4492721.|
|Apply for this job|