Technical Director (UE4 Mobile) - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Games Jobs - Programming - Sheffield
|Job Title||Technical Director (UE4 Mobile) - SUMO SHEFFIELD|
|Job Category||Technical Director|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; we are growing across all our studios to support a very bright and busy future.
We have a host of well known partners that we work with including Microsoft, Sega, Sony, Disney and many more. Working alongside them our previous successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform).
Looking down the road we have several exciting but unannounced projects that we are working on (all very hush hush!), but we can share that we are incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform), Project Nova (PC) and Team Sonic Racing (multi-platform).
Here at Sumo we are planning for big things. Don’t miss out. Join us.
The role @ Sumo
Sumo Digital’s Sheffield studio currently have a very exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented technical director to take an unannounced mobile project through to release.
Within this role you will:
• Take the lead in technical strategy and direction for an exciting new IP with one of the world’s biggest publishers.
• Communicate development progress clearly and regularly with the publisher and production.
• Act as a sounding board for Project Leads; offering feedback, guidance and advice as needed.
• Identify technical risks on projects and develop contingency plans to put into place with the team.
• Be able to grow and develop the technical teams, with a focus on mentoring, developing team members and performance management.
• Be responsible for ensuring we follow solid coding practices and maintaining a high bar for our code quality.
• Work with other Technical Directors to propose solutions to improve the development of projects in the studio, facilitating knowledge sharing.
• Ensure positive working relationships with other Discipline Directors across the whole of Sumo Digital.
To be successful you will have:
• A solid knowledge of C++
• Experience working with Unreal 4.
• Proven commercial leadership experience in the gaming industry either as a Technical Director, or a Senior/Lead on a major mobile title.
• Experience working on games for mobile devices throughout an entire development cycle.
• Experience working on games as a service.
• A consultative approach, working across the whole studio to deliver your projects.
• Exceptional management and communication skills.
• Sound understanding of software development practices.
• Ability to adapt or suggest adaptations to existing Engines and Workflows
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 808201bf-7828-408f-ba76-d918bb33a03f.|
|Apply for this job|