Community Manager for upcoming RTS/cryptocurrency mining title
Games Jobs - Community Management - Anywhere
|Job Title||Community Manager for upcoming RTS/cryptocurrency mining title|
|Job Category||Community Manager|
|Job Description||About the game
Hash Rush is a world-first that brings together gaming and cryptocurrency mining. Gamers can earn cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum (ETH), Ethereum Classic (ETC), ZCash (ZEC) and Monero (XMR) by playing a sci-fi real-time strategy game, using in-game purchases, tradeable items and quest rewards to boost their earnings. By building a mining colony on a randomly generated planet, players’ units and structures contribute to their overall real-world hashing power. This hashing power directly correlates to a portion of the Hash Rush Mining Farm’s output, earning players a portion of the cryptocurrency their units are mining.
Community Manager - Hash Rush
With a successful pre-sale behind us and our ICO beginning 20 September, things have been hotting up here at Hash Rush HQ! Now, we need a Community Manager to engage with and help build our ever-growing online community.
The company is based in Riga, Latvia, but remote working will be considered for the right candidate. We’re looking to move fast on this hire, with the successful applicant likely to attend ICO 2017 in Barcelona from 3-5 October.
We’re looking for a creative, passionate and dedicated individual to take the reins in building and nurturing the growing Hash Rush community. Managing multiple channels, you will engage daily with our community via social media and live chat. You will be responsible for retaining existing players and miners while also growing our following as you introduce newcomers to the world of Hash Rush. On top of managing our online presence, the Community Manager will also be the face of the Hash Rush team at live events. Suitable candidates will thus be prepared for on-stage appearances as well as talking in front of the camera – ideally, you’re the kind of person who is just as comfortable explaining the whitepaper to a room full of investors as you are showing off new game reveal trailers to a crowd of eager fans.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Community Manager will coordinate with both development and publishing teams to share all major Hash Rush news, promotions and announcements across our social channels. Through posting, monitoring and responding across a range of online touchpoints, you will constantly strive to elevate our social media presence to the next level, identifying new opportunities and potential social channels as they emerge. You will produce weekly community reports that outline both qualitative and quantitative successes and challenges, keeping management and the dev team apprised of community sentiment at all times. As Community Manager, you will play an integral role in our communications team, ensuring that all outbound messaging is on brand and scheduled according to the global marketing and events calendar.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following:
- A keen gamer with excellent knowledge of the online gaming space, as well as familiarity with all major gaming genres and contemporary systems
- Fluent in English and excellent at both written and verbal communications
- Highly organized and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-active and capable of working independently while also part of a team
- Experience working with distributed teams across a range of time zones
- Familiarity with major blockchain platforms and cryptocurrencies – having run your own mining rig is definitely a plus!
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing a range of social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Reddit required, Slack, Steemit, Discord familiarity is a big bonus) and knowledge of best practises as well as emerging trends
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with development teams, ideally in videogames
- A+ level of computer and Internet literacy – you’ll be blogging as well as active on forums, so need to know your bbCode from your Markdown
- Highly proficient with productivity and communications software as well as relevant online publishing tools
- Demonstrable experience moderating online forums, live chat, blog comments and direct messages
- Comfortable talking on camera and in front of crowds of people – you will have the opportunity to attend conferences, trade shows and player gatherings, so public speaking is a must!
Interested? Please send your CV to email@example.com along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, your salary expectations, and a few links that demonstrate your relevant experience.
Salary: Negotiable, but competitive with gobal market rates
Employment Term: This will initially be a 3-month contract role, with review for extension.
|Salary||Negotiable - based on experience|
|Location||Riga, Latvia (remote work possible - we're a distributed team), Anywhere|
|Job Category||Community Management|
|More||View other SIA Hash Rush jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of SIA Hash Rush using their internal reference .|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|