Games Jobs - Programming - Leamington Spa
|Job Title||Senior Programmer|
|Job Description||Electric Square originally sparked into life as sister studio to the renowned Studio Gobo in 2015. Since then, Electric Square has overseen major releases in Forza Street and Hot Wheels id, opened three studios and established itselfas one of the most exciting new games studios in the UK!
In 2018, the studio became a proud member of the Keywords Studios family and in 2019 won a place on gamesindustry.biz ‘Best Places to Work in the UK Games Industry’.
ES Leamington Spa is a brand-new studio with big ambitions and a forward thinking approach to game development, following in the footsteps of its world class HQ in Brighton. Together with 2 studios, 120 people, 4 projects and 5 dogs we put total emphasis on making sure our staff feel happy and inspired, which is why Electric Square has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor.
At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are looking for an accomplished, enthusiastic and self-motivated Senior Programmer to join our new Leamington Spa-based team working on an exciting, new and unannounced project.
The Senior Programmer is responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementing systems and game code, and is happy to turn their hand to any task required. They are an active member of the code team, setting an example for and mentoring less experienced programmers.
A Senior Programmer at Electric Square:
Some things we'd love to see from you:
When you join Electric Square, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether it’s participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked at one of Leamington Spa’s incredible eateries. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
• Holidays - 23 days’ annual leave entitlement including studio closure over the Christmas period plus all UK bank holidays
• Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
• Generous Team Project Bonuses
• Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
• Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by AXA PPP Private Healthcare.
• Group Income Protection
• Health and Well-being Allowance – £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us!
• Group Life Insurance
• Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
• Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
• Tech Scheme - Over 5000 products available from to buy over 12 or 24 month payment terms, saving up to 12% on National Insurance.
• Electra's Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
• Free soft drinks to keep you refreshed throughout the day. Remember your sugar intake, though, folks!
• Free Electric Square Monthly Friday Team Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches have become a way of life here at ES. It’s a wonderful way to sit and enjoy a bit of food and drink together as a team outside of the day to day at the studio.
• Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
• Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
• Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Electric Square personal trainer.
• Fast Growing Studio – We're only getting bigger, so there's plenty of room for career advancement.
• Industry Conferences Budget – Many of our employees benefit every year from attending conferences such as GDC in San Francisco, Siggraph, E3, Unite, Unreal Fest Europe and more.
• Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
• Free Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
• Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console!
• Free Awesome Swag – Amazingly designed Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the now iconic Electra emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season.
• Dogs with Jobs – Electric Square is a dog friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
• Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get you everyone out seeing what’s going on. • Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Social Events – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together.
|Location||Leamington Spa , Leamington Spa|
|More||View other Electric Square jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Electric Square using their internal reference .|
|Apply for this job|