||About Merge Games
Merge Games is one of the leading Indie Publishers in the UK which has grown and expanded rapidly year on year since its inception at the beginning of 2010.
With publishing and distributing titles including Dead Cells, Streets of Rage 4, Spirit of the North, Aragami and Sparklite globally, Merge Games has built up an impressive portfolio of titles. To find out more see – www.mergegames.com
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this person is expected to take full ownership of the marketing department. The successful applicant will require this person to work with internal production department, managing a team of 5 marketing personnel, as well as working with externally developers and agencies.
The role is based in our office in Knutsford, Cheshire, combined with some home working.
- Setting the global strategy for integrated marketing campaigns across digital, social, online & events channels
- Working closely with the Managing Director to set and achieve company sales and marketing objectives
- Develop and set the marketing plan for Merge Games portfolio of products
- Setting the game vision, brand identity, product positioning and consumer segments in collaboration with Product Managers and external developers
- Identify new emerging digital, social and influencer opportunities
- Effectively manage and develop the marketing team
- To be up to date with market development and opportunities within the gaming industry
- Effectively working with external developers and agencies to identify their requirements and build positive relationships
- Ensure the marketing team champion all products to ensure that the vision, market position and strategy is translated across all communications
- Analyse and track the performance of all Marketing campaigns to measure their success
The Ideal candidate:
- Has proven commercial experience working with PC or console markets that demonstrates commercial success from planning through to execution
- Can demonstrate a minimum 5 years of commercial experience and at least 2 years industry experience
- Has brand experience including the development of brand strategies, an understanding of game genres, competitive products and potential players
- Is an experienced manager with the ability to drive, motivate and develop a team
- Has strong marketing communication, strategy, planning and organisation skills
- Has a strong understanding of the video games market and can use this knowledge to steer the product vision
- Is analytical, with and excellent understanding of statistics and the ability to interpret with confidence