Senior Concept Artist - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Senior Concept Artist - SUMO NOTTINGHAM|
|Job Category||2D / Concept / Texture Artist|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Nottingham became part of the Sumo Digital family in March of 2016 and is a community of diverse, game-loving people ranging from industry veterans to talented graduates.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Sumo is looking for a highly creative Senior Concept Artist at their Nottingham studio.
The position is working as part of an experienced and passionate project team. The role is full-time and 100 % based in-house at our Nottingham studio in the UK. Remote or part remote working applications will not be considered. For the position, we are looking for versatility and rapid iteration; the ideal candidates will be keen to embrace every stylistic challenge, – and will have the kind of over-active imagination that never stops coming up with new ways to interpret a given brief or add an unexpected twist of surprise to every concept that comes their way, always striving to deliver excellent concept pieces as required for a project.
Within this role you will:
• This position is purely hands-on creation of concept pieces to drive the direction of a project and help communicate the Project Art Director’s stylistic vision throughout the team.
• Responsible for creating and iterating on ideas whilst maintaining the artistic vision of the Project Art Director.
• Maintaining quality and consistency with the other members of the concept team.
• Fast concept and iteration of ideas across all aspects of the brief.
We need you to have:
• Able to work in multiple artistic styles.
• High levels of aesthetic ability, judgement and eye for detail.
• Excellent composition, lighting and colour theory skills and appreciation.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Self-initiating, confident approach to their work;
• Keen understanding of cultural influences beyond games; movies, books, TV, comics etc.
• Ideas generation and iteration.
• High quality illustrative pieces.
• Demonstrable talent across all concept disciplines, in particular figurative, environment and object work.
We'd also ideally like you to have (although it's not a deal breaker):
• Shipped at least one AAA title.
• 3D modelling and rendering.
• Experience working in film, TV, publishing.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference ec160cee-e495-4f5f-aaf7-9d8321d32e37.|
|Apply for this job|