Senior Concept Artist - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Nottingham
|Job Title||Senior Concept Artist - SUMO NOTTINGHAM|
|Job Category||2D / Concept / Texture Artist|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying over fifteen years of stability and growth. We have six UK studios; Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Huddersfield, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
Recent work includes Crackdown 3 (Microsoft), Hitman 2 (IO Interactive), LittleBigPlanet 3 (Sony), and our first self-published original title - Snake Pass. We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Team Sonic Racing (SEGA) and Dead Island 2 (Deep Silver/Koch Media) as well as unannounced ‘AAA’ projects for major publishers.
Sumo Nottingham became part of the Sumo Digital family in March of 2016 and is a real community of game loving, talented people who have a broad set of skills across a diverse range of games genres.
The role @ Sumo
Sumo is looking for a highly creative Senior Concept Artist at their Nottingham studio.
The position is working as part of an experienced and passionate project team. The role is full-time and 100 % based in-house at our Nottingham studio in the UK. Remote or part remote working applications will not be considered. For the position, we are looking for versatility and rapid iteration; the ideal candidates will be keen to embrace every stylistic challenge, – and will have the kind of over-active imagination that never stops coming up with new ways to interpret a given brief or add an unexpected twist of surprise to every concept that comes their way, always striving to deliver excellent concept pieces as required for a project.
Within this role you will:
• This position is purely hands-on creation of concept pieces to drive the direction of a project and help communicate the Project Art Director’s stylistic vision throughout the team.
• Responsible for creating and iterating on ideas whilst maintaining the artistic vision of the Project Art Director.
• Maintaining quality and consistency with the other members of the concept team.
• Fast concept and iteration of ideas across all aspects of the brief.
We need you to have:
• Able to work in multiple artistic styles.
• High levels of aesthetic ability, judgement and eye for detail.
• Excellent composition, lighting and colour theory skills and appreciation.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Self-initiating, confident approach to their work;
• Keen understanding of cultural influences beyond games; movies, books, TV, comics etc.
• Ideas generation and iteration.
• High quality illustrative pieces.
• Demonstrable talent across all concept disciplines, in particular figurative, environment and object work.
We'd also ideally like you to have (although it's not a deal breaker):
• Shipped at least one AAA title.
• 3D modelling and rendering.
• Experience working in film, TV, publishing.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference ec160cee-e495-4f5f-aaf7-9d8321d32e37.|
|Apply for this job|