Senior Concept Artist - Concept Team - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Senior Concept Artist - Concept Team - SUMO SHEFFIELD|
|Job Category||2D / Concept / Texture Artist|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying over fifteen years of stability and growth. We have six UK studios; Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Huddersfield, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
Recent work includes Crackdown 3 (Microsoft), Hitman 2 (IO Interactive), LittleBigPlanet 3 (Sony), and our first self-published original title - Snake Pass. We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Team Sonic Racing (SEGA) and Dead Island 2 (Deep Silver/Koch Media) as well as unannounced ‘AAA’ projects for major publishers.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo. After fifteen years of success, even bigger things are on the horizon, and want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Sumo is looking for a highly creative and versatile Senior Concept Artist for the Concept Team at our Sheffield studio. The role is full-time and 100 % based in-house at our Sheffield studio in the UK. Remote or part remote working applications will not be considered. For the position, we are looking for versatility and rapid iteration; the ideal candidate will be keen to embrace every stylistic challenge and will have the kind of over-active imagination that never stops coming up with new ways to interpret a given brief or add an unexpected twist of surprise to every concept that comes their way, always striving to deliver excellent concept pieces as required for a project.
Within this role you will:
• This position is purely hands-on creation of concept pieces to drive the direction of a pitch and help communicate the Creative Director’s vision throughout the Concept Team.
• You will be responsible for creating and iterating on ideas whilst maintaining the vision and feeding into the development of ideas with the wider team.
• Maintaining quality and consistency with the other members of the concept team.
• Fast concept and iteration of ideas across all aspects of the brief – from the loose working of thumbnails to finished high-spec presentation pieces.
We need you to have:
• Able to work in multiple artistic styles.
• High levels of aesthetic ability, judgement and eye for detail.
• Excellent composition, lighting and colour theory skills and appreciation.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Self-initiating, confident approach to their work, ability to take an idea and develop it further than the brief suggests.
• Keen understanding of western cultural influences beyond games; movies, books, TV, comics etc.
• Ideas generation and iteration.
• High quality illustrative ability as well as ‘quick and dirty’ productive roughs.
• An open and receptive response to feedback and working within a small, creative, ideas-driven team.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference e36e18c5-18f4-405b-a3d6-96545d4ee831.|
|Apply for this job|