Senior Concept Artist - Concept Team - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Senior Concept Artist - Concept Team - SUMO SHEFFIELD|
|Job Category||2D / Concept / Texture Artist|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; big things are on the horizon and want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Sumo is looking for a highly creative and versatile Senior Concept Artist for the Concept Team at our Sheffield studio. The role is full-time and 100 % based in-house at our Sheffield studio in the UK. Remote or part remote working applications will not be considered. For the position, we are looking for versatility and rapid iteration; the ideal candidate will be keen to embrace every stylistic challenge and will have the kind of over-active imagination that never stops coming up with new ways to interpret a given brief or add an unexpected twist of surprise to every concept that comes their way, always striving to deliver excellent concept pieces as required for a project.
Within this role you will:
• This position is purely hands-on creation of concept pieces to drive the direction of a pitch and help communicate the Creative Director’s vision throughout the Concept Team.
• You will be responsible for creating and iterating on ideas whilst maintaining the vision and feeding into the development of ideas with the wider team.
• Maintaining quality and consistency with the other members of the concept team.
• Fast concept and iteration of ideas across all aspects of the brief – from the loose working of thumbnails to finished high-spec presentation pieces.
We need you to have:
• Able to work in multiple artistic styles.
• High levels of aesthetic ability, judgement and eye for detail.
• Excellent composition, lighting and colour theory skills and appreciation.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Self-initiating, confident approach to their work, ability to take an idea and develop it further than the brief suggests.
• Keen understanding of western cultural influences beyond games; movies, books, TV, comics etc.
• Ideas generation and iteration.
• High quality illustrative ability as well as ‘quick and dirty’ productive roughs.
• An open and receptive response to feedback and working within a small, creative, ideas-driven team.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference e36e18c5-18f4-405b-a3d6-96545d4ee831.|
|Apply for this job|